Monday, June 16, 2008


We closed on the house on Feb 15, 2008. As soon as we were done closing, I was over here ripping up the old carpet. We had hoped there would be beautiful hard wood floors underneath. What we found was very disappointing. The wood floors were only good in a two rooms. All the other floors had been ruined by something--paint, bleach, water, mold, dog name it. Bottom line before we could do any work in here, the floors had to be scrubbed. The mold alone would have killed us.

The first weekend I scrubbed the floors with regular cleaner like Pine Sol. But that did nothing to get the mold up. I went back to Lowe's and found some deck cleaner. Guaranteed to get up the mold. Poured it on the floor and went to work scrubbing and mopping. VoĆ­la! The mold was gone.

No comments: